As a Senior Hardware Engineer - Roboticist with Above, you’ll be instrumental in developing and integrating our hardware components. Work with several different autonomous systems including airborne and terrestrial systems. You are passionate in understanding the business context for features built to drive better customer experience and adoption.
- Familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from analysis to deployment.
- Comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Develop simulated vehicle dynamics with our integrated autonomy kit.
- Ensure Above can scale rapidly by adopting standard development, engineering, and QA methodologies.
- Integrate the developed functionality and/or component into a fully functional system.
- Ensure unit and integration level verification plan are in place.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting, debugging and updating current live systems.
- Verify user feedback in making system more stable and easy.
- Work closely with analysts, designers and other peer engineers.
- Preparing technical training documents for onboarding new engineers.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or aerospace engineering.
- 2+ years of experience as a hardware engineer.
- Background in delivering qualified integrated hardware systems.
- Experience with autonomous systems, IoT devices, and edge computing systems.
- Background in machine learning a plus.
- Proficient mechanical engineering principals.
- Experience in SolidWorks, Matlab, and Gazebo.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with flight controllers and NVIDIA hardware.
Excellent benefits and participation in equity option plan.
San Francisco, Phoenix, or remote.
Flexible work schedules and locations
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying